Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wikipedia User Page - Adam Cox

Wikipedia - User Generated Encyclopedia Website



Wikipedia is a website with a large encyclopedia built by the visitors to the website. It is "the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit."

Wikipedia is built on the Mediawiki free and open-source platform. You can help support this platform by helping to build the platform by fixing and adding the content. You can also support this project by making donations at Wikimedia Foundation.

As a repeated visitor to this site, I have found the content very educational. As a software engineer, I feel that the site lacks code samples. The few samples up there, are very short. But, the site is an encyclopedia and not meant for code samples.

I have contributed several edits to this site and you can find these edits by visiting Adam Cox's Wikipedia User Page. I have not yet added any articles, but I have edited existing articles. Hopefully, by the time you are reading this, I will have contributed some useful articles.

No comments: